- First of all, make sure the Ulefone is fully charged and you have access to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Note that a municipal internet network (ile sans fil or Zap) is not considered reliable by Thepointofsale.com
- Moreover, even if the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, it doesn't mean the internet connection is strong enough. Make sure to test before your event to avoid unpleasant surprises!
- These devices do not work offline, and do not have a laser function. You will need to validate via camera or if you have RFID cards or objects with the NFC.
How to use the Ulefone
- Open the Ulefone and make sure that the user "Scan" is selected.
- To do this, from the lock screen, slide your finger from the top of the screen down to reveal the Control Center.Select the "user" icon circled in red.
3. Select the "Scan" user.
4. Make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. To do this, click on Settings, then on the Wi-Fi option and choose your network.
5. If you do not have access to Wi-Fi, we recommend using the shared connection of your cell phone. Ticket validation uses little data.
6. Return to the homepage and open thepointofsale.com application.
7. Log in to your Thepointofsale.com account by entering the same username and password you use when logging on the website.
8. Choose the event for which you want to validate tickets.
If you want to validate the tickets for several events at the same time, click on the menu at the top left and choose Generic Validation.
Ways to validate tickets
By default, when clicking on Validate Passes, the optical mode will be activated.
When using the camera to validate e-tickets on a phone screen, make sure to protect the screen against too much sunlight or bright light.
We recommend to increase your screen's brightness for optimal validation.
If your event uses passes with RFID chips in them, NFC will be the way to validate them. Most latest generation phones and validating tools can read NFC. Please makes sure the option is turned on in your device's settings before your event. Simple "tap" the RFID pass on the back of the device to read it.
If you are experiencing trouble validating a ticket, or if the barcode/QR code is damaged or non-existent, you can manually enter the pass numbers.
Don't forget to press Validate.
Validate your participants' ticket by searching their first or last name, or with their company. Read this article to know more about the Attendee List.
Indicates that the ticket holder may enter. A green rectangle will appear on the screen with the pass number on it.
Indicates that the ticket is not valid for the event. A red rectangle will appear on the screen with the pass number on it.
Invalid Pass (Pass already validated)
Means that the ticket has already been validated. Inside the red rectangle, you will be able to see the time of the previous validation.
This can happen if there is a delay before seeing the validation message. People who validates tend to revalidate the ticket thinking that it didn't work. In that case, it will be written that "Pass already validated a few seconds ago".
This mode enables you to validate the exit of a participant. By doing so, the ticket can be validated again upon re-entrance to the event. Event Planners use this option when it is important to know the attendees' comings and goings and to make sure to respect the room's capacity.
To active the Exit Mode, click on Options at the bottom right of the application and toggle the Exit mode button. You will need to toggle it back to continue tickets validation in entry mode.
In Options, you will find the Exit mode toggle, the Rate(s) section in which you can decide which rates you want to validate on your device, and Attendee listsection where you can decide if you want to show the attendee's organization and to keep the name of the attendee on your list once they have been validated.
This section allows you to see all tickets validated on your device.
For optimal use, the validation device must be connected to the internet. If you have several devices to be used at once, make sure that your Wi-Fi signal is strong enough. If you expect to be offline for most of your event or if you can't guarantee strong wi-fi signal during the validation process, please read this article on Offline practices.
The camera may close if you turn off the camera. In this case, click on the red link that will appear in the Reload Camera application.
FOR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE CALL 581-981-8686