Thepointofsale.com allows you to view various types of reports in order to facilitate event management. A final sales report is automatically sent to you by email when sales for all of the different ticket rates for your event have ended. However, well before sales have ended, you may view your organization’s daily reports, payment reports, sales reports per event and event group, and you may even program reports to be sent periodically by email.
Viewing an event’s sales report in “My Events”
At all times, even years after an event has taken place, you may download an event’s sales report directly in “My Events”.
1. In the “Events” section, click on “My Events” and search for your event.
2. Click on the arrow to the right of the “Modify” button next to your event.
3. Select “Settlement”.
4. In the new dialog window that appears, check off all the elements that you wish to be included in the report.
5. Download the PDF version of the report.
Viewing reports in the “Reports” section
The “Reports” section allows you to view and download sales reports for accounts, event groups and events by setting different criteria. You may also create automated reports in order to receive sales reports by email. You will find the box office reports (like the Z report) in this section, as well as the payment and validation reports. Using the arrows found in each column of the reports, you may sort the results differently.
This report allows you to view sales for an account, an event group or an event and to download an overall report. Each section of the report may also be downloaded individually.
- In the “Reports” section, click on “Sales”.
- Select the period covered by the report; the account (if applicable), event or event group for which you wish to obtain a report and the rates and promotions that you wish to be covered in the report.
3. Tick the boxes next to the sections that you wish to see in your report. You can select all of them my clicking on “All” or unselect all of them by clicking on “None”.
Sales by day
This section presents sales made by day both online and offline and for complimentary and consigned tickets. It also displays the revenues from these sources.
Sales by event
This section presents details by event and by rate, by displaying the total capacity for each event, the revenues for the report period and for overall sales, as well as online and offline sales, online and offline sales revenues, complimentary and consigned tickets and total revenues.
This section presents the details of your sales according to the ticket rates and promotions that you previously created for the event.
The sale taxes for each ticket rate and for each event are displayed here in the unit cost and total cost, in gross revenue, GST and QST and in net revenue.
Methods of payment
This section sorts revenues according to the methods of payment used by buyers (MasterCard, Visa, cash, debit, etc.), and according to whether payments were made through your merchant account or Thepointofsale.com’s payment system.
Expenses are presented by event and by rate. Credit cart rates, the cost of printed tickets and net revenues are displayed. Each line is divided according to the report period and the overall sales period.