Live virtual events are a superb technological advance and, like any technology, they require a certain level of knowledge from its users, but above all a little patience. Clicking several times on the same link or button rarely solves digital problems. Let us try, through this article, to equip you for a flawless experience.
What exactly do I buy?
You buy a link to the live video which will be streamed live.
How does it work?
Click on the provided link in the email (sent by Thepointofsale.com) a few minutes before your event. You will be automatically redirected to the streaming provider chosen by the event organizer which will begin at the scheduled time.
- On a mobile device, click on the link sent by email by Thepointofsale.com. This will open the viewing page in your device's default browser;
- On a laptop or desktop, click on the link sent by email by Thepointofsale.com. This will open the viewing page in your device's default browser;
- On a television (via HDMI cable), once you made sure that your computer is connected to your television using your HDMI cable, open the link sent by email by Thepointofsale.com. This will open the viewing page in your device's default browser;
- On a smart TV, if your TV can open a browser (such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge), access your emails from your TV and click on the link sent by Thepointofsale.com. You can also copy the characters of the link sent directly into the address bar (URL) of the browser;
- On Chromecast, on the viewing page, at the top of your browser (Google Chrome), click on the 3 dots and select Caster ... or right-click on the video and select the option to cast. Note that some customers have noted a lag when they cast from a tablet. If this is your case, try casting from a desktop computer.
- On PS4 & Xbox One, you will have to manually enter, into the integrated browser, the characters of the link sent by Thepointofsale.com directly in the browser URL.
I did not receive my viewing link.
Look in your spam emails! The email containing your link to the viewing page may have accidentally ended up there. Usually, the email containing the links is sent along with your purchase confirmation.
Did you make a mistake in your email when you bought your tickets? Contact our customer service by email or by clicking on the icon at the bottom right of this page so that we can resend the email to you.
Can I share my link?
No, only one device can use the link at a time. This means that if you try to open the same link on two different devices, only one will be able to have access to the video.
I have bought more than one links, what to do?
Make sure to distribute the different links between the individuals and their device that will be used. Each device must have a different link to make sure it works properly.
I don't have access to the full screen mode, why?
Full screen mode is only acessible when the event begins.
Problems during the event
There is lag on my video.
Our event organizers perform tests before this one to make sure their connection is working well, so if there is a lag, you should know it's probably coming from your side.
If you experience lag, make sure you are connected to a strong internet network and that the people sharing your network are not doing online activities too demanding on the connection (online video games, streaming, etc.)
To check the speed of your network, you can use this site. The standard for viewing live video is 4 Mpbs.
If you can, plug your Ethernet cable directly into your device for a better connection.
The screen is black, what should I do?
Your internet speed may be the cause. To check the speed of your network, you can use this site. The standard for viewing live video is 4 Mpbs.
Are you on mobile (tablet or phone)? Can you update your device? If you are using an Apple device that you cannot update anymore, you may need to use another device for viewing the virtual event.
I don't want to partake in the live chat, what do I do?
You have nothing to do. If you don't write anything in the chat area, your name and image won't appear.
I have a message that my link is used on more than one device.
It sounds logical, but the first thing to do is make sure no one has opened the link on another device or browser. If two devices, or browsers, have opened the same link, please keep only one of these window open.
Then, if you have changed your device or browser after opening the link of the viewing page, there is likely to be a delay. Close everything and try again in a minute (the delay can take up to 60 seconds).
Still having an issue?
Try closing your window and re-open it.
In technology, nothing better than the good "Turn it off and on again"