Codes are not validating
- Do you see the words "Exit Mode" at the bottom? If so, you probably accidentally turn on exit mode. In your event, at the bottom, click on Options. The Exit Mode option is at the top. This option is used to validate participants' exits and therefore allow entry validation again.
- Are you connected to a Wifi network?
Passes scan invalid
- First thing, make sure you're in the right event! Attention mistakes happen to everyone.
- Make sure you haven't accidentally chosen Exit mode in the Options (at the bottom).
- In Options, verify that all the rates you need to scan are checked.
The laser/NFC is not working
(Laser on Famoco and Linea Pro devices only)
- the first step, make sure the NFC / Laser tab is selected. If you see the laser beams when pressing on the side, but the device does not perform any validation, it is usually because the NFC / Laser tab is not selected.
- The laser activation button is on the left side (circled in orange) on a Famoco and on the right side for Linea pro. Check that the button isn't stuck.
- To reset the laser, exit and re-enter your event. Then select the NFC / laser tab.
- Do you keep passes about 10 cm from the device? If the codes are too close or too far away, the laser may not be able to read the codes. The important thing is that the red of the laser covers the code.
- What is the device's battery level? A device with a low battery might not be able to sustain the laser.
- Restart the device.
The camera does not work
Go to the Permission of your device. If you answered "no" by mistake when the application asked your permission to access the camera.
Unable to close the device
(Famoco and Linea Pro only)
Make sure that none of the buttons on the device are stuck. If a button is stuck, the device will not be able to turn off.
Check that no debris is blocking the enable button on the side of the device.
Delay between validation and sound / message
Depending on the traffic and the stability of the WI-FI network, it is possible to experience a delay of a few seconds before the ticket displays valid or invalid. There is no solution for this at the moment, other than to arm yourself with a little patience!
None of the above works
If none of the above tips work, you can remove the battery from the device and put it back.
FAMOCO: To do this, you will need to unscrew the four screws that hold the battery in place, remove it, put it back in place and replace the small screws.
Make sure the screws are tight enough.
LINEA PRO: Remove the protection surrounding the iPod and the plastic base. Be careful when removing the top part, it is the laser that must be handled with care. Then remove the iPod from its base. Clean the area with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol or simply wipe it with a clean tissue. Put the laser elements and case back in place one by one.
Remember, you can still validate passes manually or through the attendee list while waiting to resolve the issue!
We also have articles specific to the device:
Call us at 581-981-8686 to speak with an advisor, email us at email@example.com, or start a chat session by clicking on the icon at the bottom right of this page. 👉
We will do everything we can to help you!