TICKET VALIDATION / SCANNERS
Q: I can't connect to the validation app. What should I do?
1. Make sure you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network. To do so, go to Settings on your device and look for the Wi-Fi section.
2. If you are already connected to a Wi-Fi network, change the validation user password using the Access > User section of the platform and try to reconnect.
Q: The number of validated tickets in the progress bar is different from one device to another. Why, and how can I fix it?
A: Depending on the stability of your Wi-Fi connection, delays and differences in the number of validated tickets are possible between devices. Check the management tool under the Reports > Validation section for an accurate picture of your overall validations. You will see your total number of validations.
Q: All scanned tickets come up as invalid. What should I do?
1. Make sure you're in the right event and have selected the rate(s) you want to validate. To do so, go to the validation app and click on the Options button in the event whose tickets you wish to validate.
2. Make sure you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network.
3. If your tickets are passes that are valid over several days and they come up as invalid when verified, ensure that the passes have been successfully reinitialized using the Report > Validation section
(applicable for specific event configurations only).
BOX OFFICE (Wi-Fi required)
Q: I can't sell tickets using the seat map. What should I do?
A: Contact your event advisor to access our new box office, which will allow you to sell tickets using the seat map. Your event advisor will also send complete instructions your way.
Q: All my box offices stopped working simultaneously (error 429 has occurred). What should I do?
A: Contact Thepointofsale.com immediately.
For TPOS: Immediately contact Sandy at 418 575-3801, so he can whitelist their IP address to remove the request limit.
Q: My box office reports don’t match my sales. What should I do?
1. Close and reinitialize your box offices (by clicking the Z button) every day and/or shift change.
2. Go to Reports > Payment Report for a better overview of your offline sales and sales by rate.
3. We can answer your questions after your event to balance your sales.
Q: Why is my rate price different from the one posted online?
A: The ticket's total cost may differ from the one posted online if the transaction fees for online sales were paid by the buyer. If needed, you can add an organizer fee equivalent to the transaction fee that applies only at the box office for the prices to be the same on-site and online. You can add an organizer fee to round off your on-site ticket price if you would like to.
Q: Why can't I see my tickets to be sold at the box office / have they disappeared?
A: For all rates, check the planned date and time when ticket sales will end under the Rates tab of your event. Note that if ticket sales end online, they also end at the box office.
Q: I need to fill out the required information to complete the orders, which is a lot. How can I fix this?
A: You can generate your box office form using the Form tab of your event. By clicking on the parameter wheels, you can remove the questions required at the box office by choosing No, thus accelerating the order completion process.
Q: What is the integrated payment?
A: It's a simple way to accept payments by credit card if you don't have a payment terminal. In this case, sales pass through Thepointofsale.com's merchant account. If you choose this option, we will charge you transaction fees in addition to our box office fees following your event.
If you have linked your own merchant account, the money will be deposited directly into your account.
However, this does not work if you use PayPal as a merchant account.
Q: The printer is not responding/does not turn on. What should I do?
A: Make sure the printer is plugged into the wall, and the USB cable is connected to the printer as well as the computer.
Q: The printer is flashing red. Why? What should I do?
A: Enter the exact numbers into Diagtool. To do so, follow the image below.
Go to the printer setup folder and double-click on Diagtool_V163.
Click on Load on the Diagtool_V163 tool, then click on Printer config.dcf.
Click on Define, then Recover.
Press the button near the printer's green, orange or red light. The ticket should come out and place itself automatically on the dotted line, ready to be torn off.
If this is not the case and the red light is flashing:
Turn off the printer.
Press and hold the “feed” button on top of the printer for a few seconds.
Turn on the printer while holding the "feed" button down and watch the indicator light. It will go from orange to green to orange before flashing red.
Let go of the “feed” button immediately after the third red flash.
The printer should print a few tickets before stopping.